Food quiz! (20th Feb 2021):
Do you know your lamington from your pavlova? And your marinara from your carbonara?
If you fancy yourself as a bit of a foodie aficionado,then gather your friends and family for a bit of fun competition and work your way through this food trivia!
1. Which is the most stolen food in the world ?
2. Where is Saganaki from?
3. How many years of sushi chef training does it take to be trusted to make the rice?
4. How many kernels will you find on an average ear of corn? 400, 600 or 800?
5. Honey is made up of bee vomit? True or false?
6. What am I? Found in the US, firm browned crust and a soft, crumbly interior. Made with baking powder or soda, rather than yeast?
7. What am I? South American raw fish marinated in citrus juice?
8. What am I? Indian bread cooked in tandoor and yeast leavened?
9. What am I? I am Korean, and I am cooked in a claypot with rice , egg and veg?
10. I am Middle Eastern and I am made with eggs and tomatoes for breakfast?
11. In 60 seconds , how many cocktails can you name with Rum in it,?
12. By what name is deer meat known?
13. What plant is also known as Japanese horse radish?
From fast food joints to eateries of the stars, there are many restaurants that capture the headlines or have featured in prominent films. Let’s see how you do in naming some of them!
- Which British village has for a long time had two three Michelin star restaurants?
- Which burger chain made a point of serving it’s meals on china plates with knives and forks?
- What is a fictional chain of Hawaiian themed fast food restaurants that has appeared in Quentin Tarantino films such as Pulp Fiction, From Dusk till Dawn and Reservoir Dogs?
- In 2020 which Filippino chain had more restaurants than any other non North American company?
- Which British chef is famous for making snail porridge?
Got a wannabe chef or even brilliant Baker in you? Some fun questions to test your knowledge of ingredients!
- What is made by sugar butter and milk, heating it until it becomes a soft ball and then beating the mixture while it cools?
- What is yoghurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic salt, olive oil, sometimes with vinegar or lemon juice, and herbs such as dill, mint, parseleyand thyme?
- What fancy breakfast is completed with something made with butter , egg yolks, lemon juice and white wine vinegar ?
- What can be made with egg yolks, mustard, sunflower oil and white wine vinegar?
It might be a little cheesy,but we think these questions are grate! Okay okay, bad cheese pun! But it’s time for some fun cheese questions and the answers are also given.
1. What does cheese say to itself in the mirror? Halloumi!
2. What type of cheese is made bakwards ?Edam
3. How do you handle dangerous cheese? Caerphilly
4. With what cheese can you disguise a small horse ? Mascarpone
5. What does a cheese alcoholic demand ?Morbier
Now for some ice-cream hacks:
Go make ice-cream scooping easier, run metal spoon under hot water . Dry off before scooping.
Serving ice-creams to a lot of guests? Pre scoop individual serving sized scoops into muffin tins with slots lined with cupcake liners.
Place your ice-cream carton in a closed Ziploc bag before placing in the freezer to prevent ice crystals from forming on the ice-cream.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to hot coffee of Guinness To make it more exciting.
NXGEN Grass Fed Beef Thyroid Capsules 500mg 160capsules$62.95 Add to cart
Herbs of Gold Grape Seed GoldRead more
Lifestream Natural Calcium Bone and Teeth Health 60VC$25.99 Read more
Lifestream Essential Greens Powder 150g$53.99 Read more
Australian by Nature Placenta Cream 100g
$14.99Add to cart
Check your Body Mass Index (BMI):