Nutra Org Collagen Body Unflavoured Powder
Fortibone is a patented formula used by Nutra organics and it can play an important role in improving and strengthening overall well being but particularly bone and joint health.
This is a natural product and may be considered by anyone wanting to improve their hone health. This has bioactive collagen peptides in a specialised form. It also contains Vitamin D and Calcium and we know that both of them can have a positive impact on the structure and density of bones. While there is generally an abundance of collagen in our body particularly in our skin, muscles, bones, joints and connective tissues we do notice that as we age there is general degeneration and we really need to build our collagen through supplements, always alongside a well balanced diet.
1) Enhance bone mineral density with Calcium, which is necessary for bone structure and assists in the maintenance and function of nerve & muscle tissue.
2) Support gut health with Calcium, by assisting in the regulation of digestive enzymes.
3) Support tissue strength and building with a good source of Protein from hydrolysed collagen.
4) Contains a natural source of Vitamin D from mushroom powder.
5) A diet high in Calcium and adequate Vitamin D is able to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and osteoporotic fracture in people aged over 65.
6) Collagen is often left out of the modern diet because it is not present in substantial amounts in lean cuts of meat, but rather bones and connective tissue. Collagen Body is only the good stuff – pure type I and type III sustainably sourced collagen that fully dissolves in hot or cold liquid whilst maintaining its benefits.
Hydrolysed Collagen, FORTIBONE®
1) For best results take 18g (three scoops) daily.
2) Collagen Body is temperature resistant and fully dissolves in hot or cold liquid while maintaining nutritional value.
3) Flavourless and odourless, Collagen Body easily can be mixed into sweet things like smoothies, chia puddings, rolled into bliss balls or baked into banana bread.
4) Add to savoury food like bone broth, soups, and sauces.
5) Suitable for all ages 12 months plus!
1) Why bovine collagen?
2) Nutra organics decided on bovine collagen for the following reasons:
3) Bovine hide is a by-product of an industry that is already well established, so it reduces waste, and therefore up-cycles the parts of the animal that would otherwise be disposed of.
4) Traceability of bovine sourced collagen is much clearer than marine collagen (so it’s easy to ensure that the collagen comes from healthy, well cared for cows. “Marine” collagen is rarely even “marine” as it mostly comes from fish farms rather than the ocean, and our oceans are majorly over fished already as it is).
5) The amount of collagen that you get from one cow is massive compared to one fish. Making it much more cost effective and affordable.
6) There are a lot of misconceptions about the size of collagen peptides from bovine source vs marine source. One is not “bigger” or “smaller” than the other. The size of collagen peptides relies on the hydrolysis process. This is the process where collagen fibres are broken down into small peptide chains. The collagen that we use has been specifically hydrolysed to be the correct size and shape for optimal absorption and utilisation by the body, specific for it’s function!
The main difference between the Collagen and Gelatin Powders are as follows;
1) Collagen is naturally present in all connective tissue. Gelatin is extracted from collagen, and hydrolised collagen is gelatin that has been broken down even further. Therefore, the amino acid profile is the same, but the protein sizes are different.
2) Hydrolysed collagen peptides are so small that they will dissolve in hot and cold liquid unlike Gelatin that goes solid (giving it it’s gelling effect).
3) Our Collagen products are fortified with specific Collagen Peptides that are trademarked peptides that make the Collagen Powders functional. ie. Collagen Beauty is fortified with Verisol Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in hair, skin and nails. Whereas Collagen Body is fortified with Fortibone Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in bone, ligaments, joints and muscle mass.