Beating the Screen Blues(23rd January 2020):
Excessive use of devices in the pandemic may be impacting our body in ways we don’t realise. Two out of three people are unaware of the effect that blue light emanating from the phone and computer screens can have on their skin and biological clock. Blue light can penetrate through the epidermis and dermis to the sub cutis layer. It can induce both immediate and persistent pigmentation. In addition,these rays can inhibit melatonin generation , increase stress hormone levels, and excite nerves which in turn disturbs sleeping pattern. 30 hours of exposure to blue light can increase the inflammation level in skin cells by 40%.
So how to beat the screen blues? Look for skin products which include the following ingredients:
1) Zinc oxide which creates a protective barrier for the skin.
2) Vitamin C protects and recovers skin cells from blue light induced oxidative damage
4) Niacinamide restores skin surface cells.
Apart from damaging the skin, blue light may cause dry eyes, blurry vision, sleep disruption, migraines and headaches as well. Use screen filters and turn your phones to dark mode if it is near you at night.
A basic skin care routine can also help a long way in keeping your skin blemish free and young.
2) Exfoliate two to three times a week.
3) Apply a toner. The toner balances the PH levels in the skin and softens it
4) Use a serum to moisturize the skin and reduce inflammation, clean the clogged pores and alleviate wrinkles.
5) A well hydrated nourished skin can help in doing a way with fine lines, wrinkles and skin issues. It acts as a protective barrier for the skin.
Keep yourself well hydrated, and take ocassional screen time breaks. Use screen guards, reduce the backlight and wear eye protection spectacles if possible.
Herbs of Gold Grape Seed GoldRead more
Lifestream Natural Calcium Bone and Teeth Health 60VC$25.99 Read more
Lifestream Essential Greens Powder 150g
$53.99Add to cart
Australian by Nature Placenta Cream 100g
$14.99Add to cart
Australian by Nature Colostrum and Milk Powder 400g
$46.99Add to cart
Australian By Nature Squalene 1000 100 Capsules
$38.50Add to cart
Check your Body Mass Index (BMI):