Ho! Ho! Ho! Holiday season is here!(26th December 2020):
All this sounds gibberish right? Well these are all jumbled words and all words are linked to Christmas! Yes! Good food, family time, friends time, dressing up, fun parties with fun games. All this and more. We all celebrate Christmas in our own way. Children put up stockings and decorate Christmas trees and grown ups exchange gifts and prepare plum cakes, mulled wine, eggnog and many more yummy dishes.
Do you know the answers to the following fun facts? You can play this game in one of your parties as well!
1) How many points does a snowflake have?
2) Name three of the eight reindeers
3) Is there a town in USA called Christmas?
4) In which country is it a tradition to hide all brooms in the house before Christmas eve?
5) What is traditionally hidden in a Christmas coin?
6) What is the biggest single hit song on the world?
7) What people were called ‘Robbins’ because of their red uniforms, in Victorian England?
8) What is the chemical formula of Snow?
9) Is it true there is an island called Christmas Island?
10) London’s Trafalgar Square Christmas tree is given by which country?
11) What is the last day of Christmas called?
12) When do the Nordic countries ( Denmark, Norway, Sweden) celebrate Christmas?
13) What fruit do you traditionally need tomake Christingles?
14) Pine needles are said to be a good source of which Vitamin?
Complete the song? ‘I saw mommy……’
What is the English title of the carol written in 1818 by the Austrianpriest Josef Mohr originally called “stille nacht”?
A great party needs some great food. Here is a easy recipe for some soft and tasty eggnog cookies with a hint of cinnamon. These cookies are also topped with eggnog glaze and are perfect for the holiday season. Makes two dozen.
1 tsp cinnamon
21/2 cups flour
1 tsp nutmeg
11/2 cups powdered sugar
11/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
¾ cup butter
1 11/16 cup eggnog
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add eggnog and combine well. In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Mix this into the butter mixture. Scoop them one at a time and drop on parchment paper lined baking tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 12_15 mins.
Make the glaze with powdered sugar and eggnog and drizzle on the cookies
And voila! Your perfect holiday treat is ready!
Promise to give out the answers in the next blog. But,ofcourse, you all lovely people don’t need our help to crack the quiz and jumble words. Cheers to a wonderful holiday season. Be safe be healthy be happy. As they say, ‘tis the season to be jolly!
Lifestream Natural Calcium Bone and Teeth Health 60VC
$25.99Add to cart
Lifestream Essential Greens Powder 150g
$53.99Add to cart
Australian by Nature Placenta Cream 100g
$14.99Add to cart
Australian by Nature Colostrum and Milk Powder 400g
$46.99Add to cart
Australian By Nature Squalene 1000 100 Capsules
$38.50Add to cart
Nature’s sunshine Wild Yam 1000 100 Capsules
$46.50Add to cart
Check your Body Mass Index (BMI):