Water of Life, water for life (2nd January 2020):
Can we possibly think of an earth without water?…No, never…
Without water, there would have been no life on earth. Since ancient times it has been perceived as a gift from the gods. When you ask any healthy person for a quick health tip, they will say “drink more water….”
We all know that it is required in almost everything we do—be it cooking, washing, bathing, or other activities.
But, what is the secret behind drinking proper amounts of water?..Gear up as we gradually reveal some of its neglected health benefits.
Water is a precious natural resource that is in constant motion. It evaporates into the atmosphere from oceans, lakes, rivers, and streams. When the atmosphere can no longer contain the moisture within the clouds, we experience rain.
We must remember that only 3% of water on Earth is fresh water, out of which only 0.5% is available for drinking. With growing population rates, we must learn to improve water quality management and reduce its wastage. Keeping our limited water supply safe and pure will also preserve it for the generations to come.
Unravelling the Secret…
As a part of your regular diet, it would be great to have around 3 litres of water per day. Studies have found that this can aid in weight loss by curbing your appetite, and increasing your energy levels.
Water is indeed life…
- Boosts skin health and beauty: Drinking enough water makes you look and feel good. It works as a natural detoxifier. Keeping the skin fresh and hydrated is one of the best anti-aging tips.
- Water forms saliva: Saliva keeps the mouth, nose, and eyes moist. This prevents friction and damage, and reduces chances of tooth decay. It also helps us digest food.
- Prevents dehydration—a condition that can cause your body to overheat, mood changes, constipation, and stones;
- Regulates blood pressure and body temperature;
- Facilitates the body’s waste excretion and flushes out toxins;
- Allows the body to absorb vitamins, minerals, glucose, amino acids, and other useful substances;
- Carries nutrients to body cells, and oxygen to our brain;
- Acts as a lubricant for joints and muscles;
- Prevents damage of kidneys which regulate body fluids;
- Fights off certain illnesses like hypertension, urinary tract infection, brain malfunctioning, and asthma.
Did You Know?
The human body cannot store water. We are constantly losing water through breathing, sweating, urine, and faeces. Ensuring that lost fluids are replenished in a timely manner is essential for the body to operate.
If we have to keep our bodies healthy, clean, we must conserve water. The drastic effects of water shortages and droughts worldwide are not unknown to us.
However, the amount of water we need depends on individual needs and circumstances. The necessity of water may vary according to the climate and intensity of activities. At times during exercises, we sweat a lot. Or, you may even consider the instances of diarrhoea and vomiting when excess fluids are released out of our body. During those times, we need to have plenty of water.
To stay healthy and fit, keep a track of your optimum water intake. Carry a water bottle wherever you go. This way you can have it whenever the need arises. It will hydrate you better than any of those energy drinks available outside. While they claim to increase your energy levels, caffeinated energy drinks often result in weight gain, anxiety, and cardiovascular risks.
It might be the least tasteful in the drink world. But, remember water doesn’t have any added chemicals or preservatives to it. So, it can surely be your best bet!
NXGEN Grass Fed Beef Thyroid Capsules 500mg 160capsules$62.95 Add to cart
Herbs of Gold Grape Seed GoldRead more
Lifestream Natural Calcium Bone and Teeth Health 60VC$25.99 Read more
Lifestream Essential Greens Powder 150g$53.99 Read more
Australian by Nature Placenta Cream 100g
$14.99Add to cart
Check your Body Mass Index (BMI):