Wild Fish Eggs
A brief history of fish egg nutrition:
Fish eggs have long been revered as a sacred meal by indigenous peoples all over the world. South American native groups would journey for weeks from their mountain settlements to the sea to collect the eggs, dry them, and transport them back to their villages. South American native groups would journey for weeks from their mountain settlements to the sea to collect the eggs, dry them, and transport them back to their villages. It was the world’s first “prenatal vitamin.” It was the world’s first “prenatal vitamin.” Dr. Price wrote in his book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration that emphasis on the value of fish eggs have been found for guaranteeing a high physical development of growing children through reinforcement of their mother’s nutrition in many of the primitive tribes living by the sea.
How can it help us today?
Around the world, communities that had never met before realised that fish eggs are one of nature’s perfect nutrients for promoting a healthy pregnancy and happy offspring. Let us reintroduce this wisdom to the present world. Fish eggs are high in a variety of nutrients, including the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K2 as well as MK-4. They also contain EPA, DHA, DPA, ETA, and a variety of other omega fatty acids. Fish eggs are by far the finest choice for people looking for a source of omega-3 to promote a healthy brain, eyes, pregnancy, and children’s health.
What is the nutrition content of fish eggs?
The USDA provides the following nutritional information for 1 tablespoon (16g) of fish eggs.
- Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 0.6g
- Sugars: 0g
- Calories: 42
While the information above is a good starting point, there are nutritional variances between different types of fish eggs. For example, a tablespoon of herring roe contains only 20 calories and 1 gramme of fat. A tablespoon of trout caviar has about 50 calories and 3 grammes of fat.
Are fish eggs a rich source of Vitamin D?
It’s no surprise that isolated tribes treasured fish eggs so highly. A single tablespoon of fish roe contains roughly 17,000 international units of vitamin D, according to a study conducted by the Weston A. Price Foundation. Thus, one tablespoon of fish eggs provides the same amount of Vitamin D as a noon dose of Vitamin D applied to the skin! Taking a single vitamin or nutrient in isolation is a risky practise to engage in. This is especially true for fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin D. As a result, a Vitamin D supplement derived from food is preferable. Furthermore, a complete food source such as high vitamin cod liver oil provides not just Vitamin D, but also Vitamin A and other nutritional cofactors, all of which work together to prevent toxicity.
How will your health improve by consumption of fish eggs?
- The omega-3 fatty acids present in fish and fish eggs may help to lessen the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, according to researchers.
- Both DHA and EPA are essential for visual development (especially in infants) and retinal function (in children and adults). Diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, and dry eye syndrome are all risks for people who don’t get enough omega-3s in their diet.
- Fish eggs include EPA, DHA, and DPA (a different fatty acid), which can help combat cognitive ageing and decline, as well as boost brain health and repair.
- Fish eggs include omega-3 fatty acids, which aid to prevent blood clotting and inflammation, as well as expand blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
How to eat fish eggs?
There is a variety of ways to eat fish eggs:
- You can eat it directly from a wooden spoon. Try to avoid metallic spoon as it might interfere with the delicate flavour of the eggs.
- Fish eggs are often served on top of blini (little pancakes), toast, or a cucumber slice with a dollop of creme fraiche by fish egg fans.
- Sushi is also a viable alternative. Many sushi roll recipes include a significant amount of fish eggs on top.
- Have it with a hardboiled egg or freshly made rice.
- Fish eggs are a beautiful delicacy, but many people are afraid of them or don’t have access to them. The alternative option is to try out the various fish egg supplements available on the market.
What is the bottom line?
Fish eggs can be a delightful way to boost your vitamin intake and amplify that healthy glow. What are you waiting for? Start your fish egg-enriched diet at once.
Cell Squared Products:
Cell Squared Beef Heart
Size: 160 capsules
Cell Squared Grass fed Beef Organs Powder 180g
Cell Squared Beef liver
Size: 160 capsules
Cell Squared Beef liver Powder – 180g
Cell Squared Beef Kidney
Size: 160 capsules
Cell Squared Organic Grass-Fed Beef Liver & Spleen Capsules
Size: 160 Capsules
NXGEN Organic Beef Liver Capsules 500MG 180 Capsules
Size: 180 capsules
NXZEN Organic Beef Kidney Capsules 500mg 160 capsules
NXGEN Organic Beef Heart Capsules 500mg 160 capsules
NXGEN Grass Fed Beef Organs Capsules 500mg 160 capsules
NexGen Grass fed Beef Thyroid 500mg 160 capsules
Nxgen Grass Fed Beef Thymus Capsules 160 Capsules
Gelpro Beef Heart Capsule 120 Capsules
Oyster+ SuperBlend Capsules 120 Caps
Gelpro Raw Native C 90 Capsules
Gelpro Organic Beef liver capsules 120 Capsules
Gelpro Collagen + Australia Organic Greens 300g
Gelpro Beef liver Powder – 200g