Yuzu Juice(4th August 2021):
The Yuzu fruit is the source of innumerable health benefits. But because of its strong smell and intense acidic taste, it cannot be consumed raw. The next best thing is the juice of the Yuzu fruit, which is popularly used for culinary preparations. Let us take a quick look into the uses and benefits of this magic fruit.
What is the origin of the Yuzu?
Though commercially grown in Japan, the Yuzu fruit is believed to have originated in China. Citrus Junos is the scientific name for the Yuzu fruit. It is either green or yellow in colour and has a strong resemblance to a grapefruit.
What is the nutrient content of the Yuzu fruit?
One Yuzu fruit typically contains:
Sugar: 1 gram
Protein: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Fibre: 2 grams
The Yuzu is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, magnesium, copper, calcium and potassium. The fruit has several active ingredients including yuzunone, which is rich in anti-oxidants.
How will you use the Yuzu Juice?
The yuzu juice is an extremely versatile ingredient to have in yourkitchen. Some of the ways in which it can be used are as follows:
- The tangy taste of the Yuzu juice makes it ideal for salad dressings. You can spice up your regular salad with the punch of the juice. A bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and a pinch of sugar makes it all the better.
- In terms of taste, the yuzu juice can act as a perfect substitute for vinegar. But it does have some floral fragrance to it.
- One of the most recently discovered uses of the yuzu juice in cocktails. Mix it up with your favourite alcohol to enjoy the punch.
- The juice can be used to make the unique Japanese dip, Ponzu sauce. It is a soy sauce-based dip that requires an intensely sour taste. The juice can be used for sourer alternatives.
- The Yuzu juice can be used to make essential oils. A sniff of it can instantly brighten up your mood.
- It is a wonder ingredient to improve your skin health. The rich source of Vitamin C in the juice can help to improve your skin texture. It exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells and also prevents acne due to bacterial infection.
8 Health Benefits of Yuzu
- Relieves pain from Gout
Gout is a special kind of arthritis that causes the joints the swell resulting in intense pain. This happens due to excess deposition and accumulation of uric acid in the joints. The Vitamin C content in the yuzu juice can reduce gout pains by increasing the excretion of uric acid so that there are fewer build ups inside your body.
- Say goodbye to frequent illnesses
The Yuzu fruit is a rich source of active ingredients. One of the most beneficial among them is the yuzunone, which is rich in anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants acts as a magical ingredient to repair cell damage. Diseases of the heart and even cancer can be prevented by regular consumption of the juice.
- Natural stress-reliever
The extract of the Yuzu is used to make essential oils because of its intense fragrance. If you are having a stressful day, inhaling the aroma of this can help in brightening your mood.
- Say goodbye to acne
The citric acid and Vitamin A in the Yuzu juice helps in fighting bacteria that cause acne and pimples. It exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells which leaves your skin fresh and younger-looking.
- Aids your weight-loss journey
The Yuzu juice is highly acidic and consequently, it helps to burn the fats in your body. It enhances calcium absorption in the body which in turn enhances body-fat burning. It also stimulates the digestive system.
- Improves your eye-sight
Age-related macular degeneration or AMD is a disease that happens when the macula is damaged due to the natural process of ageing. It can result in loss of eyesight. The Yuzu juice can prevent such diseases.
- Enhances brain health
Various studies have concluded that the build-up of bad proteins like beta-amyloid inside the brain can lead to serious diseases like Alzheimer’s disease. Yuzu juice prevents these bad proteins from affecting your brain health.
- The care-taker of your heart
Two significant flavonoids, namely hesperidin and naringenin, that are present in the Yuzu fruit, work wonders to improve your cardiovascular health. It helps with blood circulation and acts as a natural blood purifier for your body.
So what are you waiting for? The Yuzu juice is practically an all-in-one package that will make your skin glow and take care of your health while adding flavours to your meals. Go get your hands on this magic potion to experience the benefits for yourself.